The Second Doctor used to say, “When I say run… Run!” Yes, it’s time for a marathon. But for me, just a sci-fi marathon.
It’s the London Marathon today, and good luck to everyone taking part. But despite the fact that I’m a keen cyclist, regular swimming and occasional treadmill basher, I’ve never done a marathon that doesn’t involve a TV screen and a bunch of videos/DVDs/Blu-rays (delete according to decade).
So today’s photo is a tribute to my kinda marathon, and I refuse to feel like a guilty couch potato because over the course of this 365-day charity challenge, I can bet I’ve devoted more hours to the cause than the vast majority of those runner. This is taking over my life!
Today’s Nike Air Maxes are another pair courtesy of Pete Bayly, and amazingly they’re not falling apart. I think they’re more trail runners than road runners, to be honest, but in a typical piece of bad planning, I didn’t hold back any other runners for today. But hey, you need a sturdy reliable pair of shoes to get through some Colin Baker episodes.
And blimey, aren’t some of those charity runners’ costumes in the London Marathon getting elaborate?!
Of course, I won’t be a Couch Potato all day. It’s too sunny not to get outdoors. Got a lot of Teen Wolf to watch as well, but that can wait till later. You might think that’s a job I’d have to be paid to do (and, in fact, I am being paid to do it) but I’m actually quite enjoying it. The best high-school supernatural series since Buffy without doubt, though admittedly, there’s not much competition. And the sadomasochism gets a bit much at times… Werewolves seem to love getting beaten up and tortured.
• Current total: £725 (thanks to Amy Davies!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers! Cheers Dave G