Do I get a prize for worst punning headline yet in this 365-day charity challenge?
Michael Bay is apparently retconning the Teenage Turtles’s origin for the new movie, but I’ve ret-Conned them first (see what I did there?). Because in my remake Michelangelo, Raphael and Leonardo are joined by Conatello, the one with the massively faded blue mask…
(Okay it should have been purple Cons to match Donatello’s mask, but nobody could loan me any purple Cons, worst luck. These are Rich Edwards’ knackered blue pair.)
As Easter looms, I have a four-day holiday ahead of me of some really knackered old pairs of trainers to wear for the challenge. Seems that after the initial rush of being loaned some really really cool pairs to wear, donators are scrabbling around in the backs of cupboards to help me out now! The most common thing I keep hearing is “you can chuck ’em when you’re done.”
Which is great, and I’m not complaining, but does that mean have over 200 days of looking like a tramps left? I think I need to get some support from a few sports brand companies. Maybe if I add a “physical” element to the challenge they’d be more interested? I could certainly try jogging to work every day for a week (that’s eight miles each way) if somewhere like Brooks or Saucony would back me with five pairs of runners. They must have rejects or seconds, surely? Anybody got any contacts?
And I’m still hoping for the loan of some cycling shoes. If I get a pair of really shiny, velcro-y ones, I swear I’ll cycle to Wales and back (cue much Google mapping to see if a cycle from Bath to Wales is actually much of a stretch…)
A friend called Boo is dropping off five pairs at the London office today that she collected from workmates. Though they’ll tale a while to travel down to Bath, I’ll be interested to see coming!
Don’t forget the three pairs I’m currently auctioning for the charity. There’s a lot of watchers but not many bidders at the moment!
• Current total: £745 (wooohoooo!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at email@example.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!
Cheers Dave G