Time to go to plan zombie…
Okay, I know yesterday I warned you that because of my workload for the next fortnight I would have to cut back on the more elaborate photoshoots, but I didn’t intend today’s to be quite so thrown-together-at-the-last minute! Y’see, I did remember to bring my big, posh camera to the office. What I forgot was to put a memory card in it. So today’s effort was shot on my iPhone without the aid of a tripod of a timer!
Not that I should be worry unduly. Personally, I don’t think any of the photos I posted over Easter have been among my faves (or even in the Top 50) and yet hits on the blog have soared over the past few days. Lots of new visitors and many of them (if I’m interpreting the figures correctly) having marathon sessions, clicking through the archives.
Not that it’s translated into any new donations yet, but I’m sure I can guilt trip the newcomers, given time. Look, this kitten is sad that you haven’t sponsored me yet. Make him – and Alzheimer’s Research UK – happy by donating.
Cynical emotional blackmailer? Me? Never!
The trainers belong to SFX editor Dave Bradley. I described them as brown the other day, but they’re actually more fifth colour gold, to be honest. That’s a colour we use in printing when our publishers are too tight to fork out for gold foil on a cover. Fifth colours are usually fluorescent (pinks, oranges, greens, all the colours of a cyclist’s wardrobe) but there are a fifth colour gold silver as well. They’re both rubbish. Fifth colour silver is a kind of gun-metal grey, while fifth colour gold is a kind of greeny, browny, radioactive diarrhea. Best to be avoided.
On the trainers, the colour looks a lot less offensive and I’m liking the corduroy Adidas stripes. But talking of the stripes, I just realised that I missed a trick for Day 111 yesterday – because 111 is a bit like three stripes, isn’t it? I could have created a great visual pun!
The Battlestar Galactica playing cards I put up for sale yesterday were snapped up by Stephen Candy for £20, so maybe I’ll avoid eBay in future and just do on-the-spot sales on this site. Thanks Stephen!
• Current total: £745 (I have actually got some money to add to that, but I need to wait a couple of days for PayPal to catch up before I can transfer the funds onto the Sponsor Me site, apparently)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at email@example.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!
Cheers Dave G