These are not today’s trainers! These are not today’s trainers!
Today’s proper Sole Of Sci-Fi photo will not be posted until later today. Much later today. In fact maybe not until the early hours of tomorrow. You’ll see why I’m holding off when it eventually gets posted. I’m not cheating, just attempting something a little different.
In the meantime, here’s a test card featuring a pair of one of my all-time fave styles of trainers, the Nike Air Max ’95 (the photo of the ones above has just been half-inched off the internet). I used to own two different pairs; the ones with the orange highlights were my real faves. Sadly, both pairs fell apart long before this challenge (though below is a photo I took of the blue pair for my 30 Days Of Trainers Tweetathon in 2012) and these days I can’t afford high-end Nikes. But if anyone has a pair they could loan me for the challenge, you’d make me a very happy man.
Some of you worked out from the pic on Saturday that I’ve resigned from my job. It’s a somewhat scary prospect, but at the same time I’m immensely excited about going freelance again. Ever since announcing my resignation it’s like my brain has gone into creative hypermode, buzzing with ideas, which rather supports one of the reasons I decided to take the plunge: I was simply treading water at Future for too long, and there are more opportunities outside this company than in it.
Of course, it’s more complicated than that, but not even sending me to the Village and torturing me with ’60s psychedelia and mad camera angles would make me divulge any more. Yet. It’s not so much a case of not wanting to burn bridges; there are other people to think about. Which all sounds very mysterious and the basis of X-Files-style conspiracy theories, but to be honest, I think it’s nothing more “creative differences”.
My last day is late June. Haven’t worked out which day of the challenge that will be yet.
So, keep your eyes peeled this evening for a real Sole Of Sci-Fi blog, and enjoy the sun today, if you can.
• Current total: £770 (some of the PayPal funds for trainer sales has now been released)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at email@example.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!
Cheers Dave G