From one blockbuster to another as The Sole Of Sci-Fi stomps all over Tokyo (the one near Twickenham) with the Big G
Starsky and Hutch try to escape being flattened as Sole Of Sci-Fi raids Jayne Nelson’s toy collection for the photo du jour. And what better way to mark the release of the new big screen Godzilla later this week than with a giant-sized knees up?
As you can guess, I stayed over at long-time SFX freelancer Jayne’s flat last night in after the X-Men: Days Of Future Past premier. She always says it’s in Richmond but it’s actually Twickenham – you can see the rugby ground. And as you can also possibly guess, her flat is full of Sole Of Sci-Fi photo opportunities. I should have brought more trainers and stayed here a week! There’s at least one toy Jayne’s letting me borrow because it gives me the chance to indulge in some awful puns later in the week.
I’ve stayed in London because I’m taking part in more X-Men-related shenanigans later on today, filming something for a Sky Movies documentary on the X-Men Legacy. I don’t think that means I can moan about how Heroes was massive rip-off, though; I think it’s supposed to be a bit more celebratory than that.
In the meantime, LOTS of work to do. Will be odd doing it in somebody else’s front room. With this guy staring at me…
Oh yeah, and this time next week it’s my birthday, and the best present I could receive… no, not trainers, some donations from a fee new people! So, if you’ve donated already, try guilt tripping someone else into helping me help Alzheimer’s Research UK!
All the best!
• Current total: £770 (some of the PayPal funds for trainer sales has now been released)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at email@example.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!
Cheers Dave G