The Sea Devils took a wrong turn at Portsmouth…
Okay, okay. Terrible pun today and a badly bodged-together pic. Sorry for that but it was another occasion when the epic that I had planned (with a Pirates Of The Caribbean theme) simply wasn’t working. Plus the rain meant I wasn’t in a mood for taking too look over the location shoot. Especially in those shorts. (Oddly the shoes don’t look as nautical if you wear them with jeans, I discovered. I hope you realise the sacrifices I make in the same of verisimilitude. Of course, there’s the sacrifice you have to make – looking at my furry Hobbit legs.)
As you might be able to work out, still used the same location pic I was going to use for the Pirates image; I just changed the sea-related sci-fi theme. Hence some Sea Devils from Doctor Who were herded up and dumped in the River Avon.
It wasn’t so much the fact that On Stranger Tides was on TV last night that shivered me timbers, as the fact that I was loaned a cheap pair of New Look deck shoes for the challenge (a pair of deck shoes definitely on the plimsolly end of the spectrum). I’m not actually keen on deck shoes; they say Daily Mail, pension adverts, gin and tonic and white slacks to me, but hey, they add some variety to the challenge.
Managed to get all of my freelance done yesterday. Actually quite pleased with my Penny Dreadful review considering that after three episodes, I still can’t work out if I actually like the show or not. There’s some fine stuff in there, but it’s all so dour. Dour may work for Game Of Thrones, but it seems to suck all the fun out of Penny Dreadful.
So, day before pay day. Not many of those left for me. But I will be nagging a few people here at Future who haven’t sponsored me yet. You have been warned.
• Current total: £805 (let’s make it to £1,ooo by the end of June!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!