Sole Of Sci-Fi goes bananas!
Today’s headline has to be another filed under: “Pun waiting to happen.” Donkey Kong has been sitting on Jordan’s desk since the start of this challenge, and it’s taken me this long to put two and two together. And then, even when the penny did drop last week, I didn’t have any Cons with which to do the photo! So this pair were an astonishingly cheap eBay purchase that look almost new, bought specifically for purchase. I’m doing a bit too much of that lately… so these will have to go to the car boot sale to make some money back for the charity. Or you can make me an offer (they’re size ten).
And just to clarify, these are low tops whereas the pair on Day 57 were high tops, so I’m not cheating – these are a different style, under the conveniently lax rules I set myself at the beginning of the year (you can just see on the third photo down on Day 57 that I’m not fibbing).
Oh, and just so you know, I loved Donkey Kong back in the day, but was always rubbish at the actual game. In fact, for somebody who was a games journalist for a while, I’m amazingly crap at most video games. I’ve only ever completed three in my life and none of them are much to boast about: Parasol Stars, Kung Fu Panda and Metroid Pinball. I adore Mario Kart, though (pretty much all versions) and nearly always play as Donkey Kong. I suppose I feel a connection (the guy who Tweeted me a picture of Ludo from Labyrinth the other day when I asked if anybody had seen me on TV clearly knows what I mean).
Finally for today – since I didn’t watch any sci-fi TV last night so I have nothing to moan about – I’ve been meaning to post this photo since the weekend, but kept forgetting until last night (when I uploaded it to the blog so that when I cam to write today’s installment, there it would be, waiting for me, to remind me). I built two Lego trains that I was given as birthday presents last week, but there were some bits left over from both of them.
So I built some random oojamaflip using ALL the leftover pieces, and bizarrely it ended up looking vaguely like one of automatic sentries from the extended cut of Aliens. Spooky.
• Current total: £805 (let’s make it to £1,ooo by the end of June!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!