A new twist on Marvel Vs DC…
Marvel Vs DC has never looked quite like this before.
Sorry. Couldn’t resist. Ever since I put up that Iron Man pic and said I should work my through all the various Avengers movies, I’ve been plotting this shot. And some DC trainers arriving in the post yesterday gave me the prefect extra gag to add in. The fact that the image below has been my Mac desktop image for a couple of months now probably had something to do with it as well.
Of course, normally when I talk about DC trainers, I’m talking about Batman or Wonder Woman Converse All-Stars, but these are proper DC shoes. The skate brand is relatively new on the block, having only been founded in 1992 in California. DC originally stood for Droors Clothing, a now defunct clothing company, but could just as easily stood for the initials of the company’s founders, Colin McCay and Danny Way.
I loved them when they launched as the company tended to produce great, chunky skate shows that used the minimum of colours, relying instead on a strong silhouette. I once had a royal blue pair which were probably my single favourite pair of all time, and unlike most of my trainers they were worn until they fell apart.
Since then, the shape of DCs has gone a bit generic (like today’s pair) and the designs have become more colour-happy and over-fussy (not a problem with today’s pair but the pic on the left shows the kind of thing I mean). I still like DCs as as brand but I don’t love it any more.
Quick mention of Game Of Thrones last night – anyone else have a sudden headache at the end of it? That was the queasiest I’ve been watching a TV show in a long, long time. Great, great episode. I’m even beginning to like Sansa .
• Current total: £805 (let’s make it to £1,ooo by the end of June!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at email@example.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!