Not a rat, a cybermat!
The Cybermen are back to terrorise The Sole Of Sci-Fi – and this time they’ve brought friends. But the nightmares in silver are completely outshone by today’s retina-scorchingly reflective New Balance trainers – another pair donated by the Future (soon to be Immediate) Sports Division. This pair even has some geometric shape design on the soles that is the pinnacle of cheap of ’80s sci-fi. They’re like a sneaker homage to Blake’s Seven or Battle Beyond The Stars set design.
(Actually, if memory serves, weren’t Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica fond of crates that looked a bit like that?)
You might have noticed a little addition to the blog today – my subtle DONATE button. This is the start of my new push to remind people why I’m doing this challenge; to help ARUK fund research into helping to combat that terrible brain wasting disease Alzheimer’s.
Typically, the Dementia blog – which has been a great supporter of Sole Of Sci-Fi – posted a blog about me and the challenge yesterday when I was up in London on business all day! That also meat I had no time to create an elaborate photo for today. But it’s a great blog which you can read here, so I’m not complaining.
Please, please, please direct other people to that Dementia Blog as well, to try to encourage new people to donate. Hopefully it’s makes the challenge look a bit more respectable, rather than my sometimes lunatic, rough and ready blog. I desperately want to try to break the £1,000 barrier by the end of June, and I don’t want to rely on people who have supported me already.
• Current total: £825 (up £20 yesterday! Let’s make it to £1,ooo by the end of June!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at email@example.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!