No, it’s not some sci-fi football league. The metal varmints from the second episode of New Doctor Who finally star in a (budget) sequel…
It’s Godforsaken O’clock on a Sunday morning, and I have just a few minutes to get this blog done before I set off with Simon Withers and his wife Shirley for the Lansdown car boot sale. And already it’s turning into one of those days.
Stayed overnight at Simon’s last night so we could head up to Lansdown together. Remembered camera. Remembered today’s pair of shoes. Remembered laptop. Even had most of the blog written. It was just going to be a case of take the photo, a minimum amount of Photoshopping and…
Bugger. Forgot the prop.
So it was a rapid rifle around Simon’s shelves to find something… anything! And, actually, I quite like the fact he had some toy spyder-bots from the Christopher Eccleston Doctor Who story “The End Of The World” tucked away on a shelf. (Though I did have to ask if they were the ones from Doctor Who and not Minority Report.)
Anyway, yes, it’s finally here. The second Sole Of The Century! After my disappointing experience selling on eBay earlier in the year (I’m still smarting about that) I’m going to see if the car boot option yields better results. Here’s what my front room looked like yesterday as I was getting prepared…
There’s a mixture of trainers I’ve been given for the Sole Of Sci-Fi challenge, and ones I’ve bought myself (mostly cheaply on eBay, ironically – I shouldn’t complain about other eBay sellers being cheapskates!). The profits from the ones I’ve been given will be added to the sponsorship total; the profits from ones I’ve bought will go towards buying more trainers for the cause.
Anyway, that’s why the image of the day is a return to a more basic set-up rather than a Photoshop spectacular (a couple of laser beams took about 30 seconds to add on). The white Nike Air Forces (the favoured footwear of George from Being Human, remember?) are a charity shop purchase.
I’ll be taking loads of photos today which I’ll post tomorrow. Hopefully the shoppers of Lansdown are in need of cheap trainers. It the meantime, if you haven’t donated yet, please do!
See you again on Monday.
• Current total: £825 (Let’s make it to £1,ooo by the end of June! Come on, that’s just £5 from 15 of you!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at email@example.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!