In the quest for the Holy Cons, Sole Of Sci-Fi’s resolve is tested to the limit…
Maybe it’s cruel to remind poor old Harrison Ford that he won’t be on his feet for a while, but it was about time for another Indiana Jones pic. Maybe a pair of brown canvas Cons aren’t the best footwear for a spot of spelunking, but if I’m going to take a step onto an invisible bridge, I want something with a rubber sole that’s gonna hold fast.
(On a related note Rob Power, whom I used to work with on SFX, emailed me the day after Ford’s accident to reveal that his cousin – a paramedic – was one of the guys called to the scene. Apparently he got to go on the Millennium Falcon, lucky git. And his professional assessment of Ford’s ankle? “F**cked!” )
Hmm, thinking of Harrison Ford, how come it’s taken me so long to think to come up with “Han Sole-o”? Watch out for that gag on a blog near you soon.
As I mentioned yesterday, I’m travelling to Oxford today to visit the guys at Rebellion, the publisher of 2000 AD among other things. I think alcohol may be involved. So, it’s a brief blog today. Bit I’m going to continue to nag for sponsorship because look – only £65 to go to £1,000!
• Current total: £935 (thanks to Lisa Wood for yesterday’s generous donation)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!