Sole Of Sci-Fi suddenly remembers that the World Cup is on…
Today’s photo gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, “Taking a header.” Well, with the World Cup on, I had to do a football-related pic at some point. I’m not sure I’m keen on Ash looking up my shorts, though.
So, it’s my first day as a freelancer and Sole Of Sci-Fi is late because I was in bed this morning, recovering from my leaving party last night. I had a great time, and some great presents, and a great card with an overflow sheet of paper to contain all the lovely messages that wouldn’t fit onto the actual card. A couple of the messages nearly had me welling up; I wasn’t sure they were writing about the right person, because he sounded like a genius and a legend in publishing. If that were the case, then legends in publishing don’t make much money.
But seriously, thanks to everyone who showed up, signed the card and/or chipped in for the present. You made me feel like a God last night (even if I feel like one of the undead this morning) and I’m sorry I didn’t get to chat to all of you longer.
And I do actually have some freelance to do today… I was looking forward to lazing around watching Bargain Hunt, but no. Writing beckons.
See you tomorrow.
• Current total: £1,000 (come on, let’s forge on into that second century!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at email@example.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!