Owwww! That hurt! Link takes a swipes at my suede Cons…
So, the last day of June, and once again I get to moan about the year being front loaded with short months. So while I should be celebrating hitting the halfway mark in the challenge, in fact the real halfway point is midday tomorrow. So not far off, but I think the second half of the year is going to be a bit more of a struggle than the first. No more Future Publishing sports division freebies box to rely on for one thing.
So, if you haven’t sponsored me yet, now would be a good time to chip in, to make me feel like all the effort in the next six months is going to be worth it. Heavy hint.
Today’s Cons may seem familiar, but they’re subtly different to ones I wore to the X-Men: Days Of Future Past premier or the matte black ones I wore way back on Day 40, so I’m not cheating. For one thing, they’re low tops, not high tops; secondly they’re both suede and mono black (ie, no white rubber); but most importantly, they’re hiding a secret.
A red checked lining! (Actually, eBay, where I picked them up, it was described as a tartan lining, but I’m pretty sure that’s not tartan, though I’m happy to be corrected.)
Suede Cons are something I didn’t even know existed before this challenge, but I definitely prefer them to leather Cons, which never look quite right to me for some reason I can’t quite put my finger on.
I was going to get on with my novel today (yeah right), but already real freelance has got in the way. Got to watch new HBO show The Leftovers later (the new one from Damon Lindelof for HBO) and I’ve already watched the new True Blood, which wasn’t much cop to be honest. It feels like a show limping towards it final curtain. I was amused to see Arlene wearing dress that appeared to made from from five-day old lettuce she found at the bottom of the fridge…
And before I sign off today, here’s a random image I found on a desktop wallpaper site that seemed pretty apt for this blog.
See you tomorrow.
• Current total: £1,015 (many thanks to Boo and Phil Shipley for donations over the weekend!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at email@example.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!