Today’s Sole Of Sci-Fi feels old school. No, not Vans Old Skool. It’s like one of my posts from the early days of this charity challenge. No Photoshop, just an action figure on loan from SFX and a pair of Nikes on loan from Steve Gotobed.
To be honest, I needed a simple set-up today, because I did drink rather a lot last night, and feeling a little delicate now. This aways happens when I’m out with Viv. She’s a bad influence on me. Not that I need much encouraging.
The Freddy Krueger action figure has a brilliantly detailed head, but the jumper is a bit mid-’80s children’s TV presenter – it makes him look a bit cuddly and tubby rather than lean and scary. Also, for some reason, no matter what pose I put him in, he looked like he was doing Frank Sinatra karaoke.
More toys from the SFX office tomorrow.
I may be a day late with next observation, but I couldn’t NOT mention it. Quite the most disturbing image I’ve seen on TV recently (and I’ve been watching Hannibal) was former Captain Jack John Barrowman’s entrance in the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, emerging from the crotch of giant kilt like a little tartan willy.
Don’t forget! I need new donations to make sure I attempt a mini challenge in Ausgust. See Saturday’s blog for details.
See you tomorrow.
• Current total: £1,060 (Come on guys – let’s raise this a bit!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at davegolderSFX@gmail.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!