Who needs a Game Of Thrones-style budget when you’ve got a few action figures?
You’ve heard of Vans Off The Wall trainers? Well, these are Vans Beyond The Walls trainers.
Thanks to SFX for providing the new Game Of Thrones actions figures, which are great and incredibly well-detailed, even if Tyrion does look a little bit like Mark Hamill does nowadays. The only problem is that they came my way post-magazine photo shoots, in a jiffy back full of severed limbs and a jumble of weapons. Ironically Ned still had his head; in fact, it didn’t seem removeable, which is surely one of marketing history’s greatest missed opportunities.
I was going to a bit of research to work what belonged to whom, but then I slept in this morning and couldn’t be arsed to be honest. I have watched every episode (I think Thrones is my second favouite thing on TV currently) but I’m not into sword porn, so I never take much notice of whether a Northern hilt looks different to a Valyrian hilt. (I don’t even know if I’be got the terminology correct in that last sentence.) I’m too busy getting excited about dragons.
So I did reunite Dany with her hand and Jon with his arm, but I’ll leave it to you to work out “Who who fight with a weapon like this?”
Click on the images for larger versions.
The trainers are on loan from Simon Withers again. I think he has more pairs than me – he says he’d forgotten he even owned these.
Don’t forget! I need new donations to make sure I attempt a mini challenge in Ausgust. See Saturday’s blog for details.
See you tomorrow.
• Current total: £1,065 (Thank you Lisa Wood!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at davegolderSFX@gmail.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!