There’s been enough Star Wars this week, so it’s back to the dragons. Have I mentioned I like dragons?
Good grief, I never knew there were so many varieties of green Converse. I dug these out of the garage – I’ve had them for yonks, certainly over ten years – and actually forgotten all about them. I think it’s the pastelly shade ; it’s a bit ’80s.
I had no idea what colour they were known as officially, so I Googled “green converse”, found a site called ChucksConnection and discovered just how many different shades of green All-Stars have been released in: Basic Green, Bright Green, Celtic Green, Deep Lichen Green, Fluorescent Green, Grapevine Green, Goth Green, Greener Pastures, Kelly Green, Kombu Green, Loden Green, Neon Green, Oil Green, Olive Green, Parasailing Green, Pepper Green, Pine Green, Sea Spray Green and Trekking Green.
No, I didn’t know parasailing was a colour either.
Since there isn’t a shade called ’80s Pastel Turquoise Green, I think (emphasise think) these Pepper Green, because they’re a kind of bluey green. But I could be wrong. Nice to know Converse – like I do – regards turquoise as green and not blue, but I’ve learnt from past experience that entering into an argument about that is potentially more inflammatory than claiming scone rhymes with stone and not gone.
I was woken this morning at 7am by a feint knock on the door. My skip had arrived. I must admit I wasn’t expecting at 7am in the morning. I’m not complaining. It beats waiting in all day for workmen who turn up a 5.59pm.
And why do I need a skip? Here’s why.
By this time next week I will have a garden again.
Yesterday was a great day for donations! Let’s keep it rolling. Thank you.
See you tomorrow.
• Current total: £1,160 (a big leap today thanks to generous donations from White Dwarf’s Jes Bickham and Crishna Simmons – many thanks to you both!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at davegolderSFX@gmail.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!