Riddles in the park…
This is what we like – a pair of trainers with a story behind them.
I had the pleasure of meeting up with an old work colleague yesterday, Ian Hepburn, who used to edit a version of the SFX website many, many moons ago. He now works for the BBC and is also the man behind the Thumbcast podcast. He was passing through Bath anyway and decided he might as well interview me for the podcast, and I readily agreed. Having now been through the experience, I can only apologise for the mammoth editing job he has ahead of him…
He also brought some trainers with him to help the cause, so thank you very much, Ian. They’re actually a bespoke pair created using Adidas’s online design your own trainers facility. Ian is a massive Partick Thistle fan, and he explains: “Basically our merchandise is crap this year, and I’d just watched us get bested by Aberdeen, so to cheer myself up decided to make something better – hence a pair of trainers in Thistle colours, with the year of formation as stitching.”
The one irony is that I spent a good part of the interview complaining how the one time previously I had worn a pair of size 11s in the challenge they were a health hazard and I spent the whole day tripping over my feet. So, of course, these Partick Thistle has to be size 11s, didn’t they (as I only discovered this morning and Ian was too polite to mention). Still, they’re too good to refuse for that reason.
See you tomorrow.
• Current total: £1,205 (hurrah for Rhian!)
• Remember this is all for charity, so any pennies or pounds you can spare PLEASE DONATE BY CLICKING HERE.
• Follow me on Twitter to make sure you see what trainers I’m wearing each day.
• If you have any trainers you could donate (either on loan or old pairs you’re getting rid of) which are size 9 (ish – I can do anything from 8 to 10) contact me at davegolderSFX@gmail.com so I can arrange collection.
• Please, please, please leave comments below! I’m after ideas for mini-challenges, future photoshoots and how I can find enough pairs of trainers!